I Hate Stress
Stress is our response to feelings and situations that cause use uncertainty and worry. Stress is the root of most all forms of anxiety. Stress is a normal response to life’s challenges but when left to escalate it leads to frustration, anger and worse. Stress can be a positive motivator in making necessary changes. However, stress can also be a negative motivator interrupting your quality of life.
We all have stress and most people carry more than they need to be. Stress and your response to stress is determined by many things including your: parents, cultural, education level, prior life experiences.
Dealing with Stress
There are all sorts of stress reduction techniques available which can alleviate immediate forms of stress, as well as, provide long-term benefits to keep stress manageable. Re-occurring stress can be situation or it can be undermining and stress reduction techniques serve only as temporary fixes. If this sounds like you, then some short-term counseling would be a good choice to begin the process of uncovering stresses you have been carrying for too long.
Anger as an essential emotion
Anger is a vital and necessary emotion. It is what we do with it that makes a difference. It is how well we control it or not control it that determines what happens to us. Anger is the response to the primal emotion: mad.
How can anger be a good thing?
Anger is a motivator which can be a good thing. Anger focuses us when we are threatened. But if you are reading this you are likely dealing with anger that doesn’t have a positive spin.
What’s behind the anger?
Anger is but a symptom of something else. There is a reason for anger and it is neither right nor wrong. It’s the behavior associated with it that most people see. But many people suffer in silence. Anger is like an iceberg. The 20% of the anger we see (or others see) masks the other 80% of emotions and feelings unseen below the surface including:
- Anxiety / Fear
- Guilt / Shame
- Sadness / Worry
- Jealousy / Hurt
- Insecurity / Low Self-Worth
Causes of Anger Issues
It’s not rocket science to say these are the leading causes of anger and where counseling does help:
- Significant stress level
- Low self-worth
- Relationship issues
- Communication breakdown
- Financial issues
- Job/Career Issues
- Father wounds / Mother wounds
Treating Anger and Its Prognosis
Here’s the good news, anger issues are solvable and can be long-lasting and life changing for the individual and their circle of family and friends. Counseling is generally not long-term.
The Darkside of Anger
Unfortunately, these are some of the life experiences that occur with unresolved anger issues:
- End of relationships: divorce, breakupstibetan statue
- Domestic and family violence
- Alienation of family members
- Ending up alone and isolated
- Alcohol and drug abuse or addiction
- Financial ruin
- Constant fatigue
- Out of place sexual behavior
- Impulsive or aggressive behaviors
- Job or career self-destruction